Thursday, March 7, 2024

WE ARE LOSING THE ARTIC

WE’RE LOSING THE ARTIC

By: Derek Varsalona




I’ll admit it. I hate the cold. I hate the snow and I hate the ice.  But this article is not about a need for hate.  It is an article about an international emergency.   We are currently losing the Arctic at an alarming rate.  According to the scientists at the University of Colorado-Boulder, the Arctic might lose all of its ice by this summer.  That is only a little over four months as the summer officially begins on June 20th and the first full day of summer is June 21 the Summer Solstice.  This is concerning since scientist now predict that the Arctic is going to be iceless a decade sooner than projected. By 2050, there will be no ice at all in the Arctic.  This could mean that the Arctic is going to be ice-free by this decade.

Scientist at Colorado University Boulder predict that the Arctic is going to be iceless by this summer.   As for me, I hate the cold.  So you would think that I would be happy.  Think again.  I am deeply concerned about Climate Change.  But I also believe the wording was rephrased from Global Warming since the community needed to win the argument with the message.  So they renamed it climate change to win back the issue on semantics.  Climate change is affecting all of us.  The Arctic is no exception.  My concern is for the animals that live there and the people.  Yes, people can adapt hopefully but the animals might not be able to and thus might become extinct. 

How big a concern is this?  It is very big.  It is projected that we might lose the Arctic 10 years earlier than projected.  It is also possible that the Arctic might be ice-free by this decade.  I never thought the Arctic would be ice-free at least not in my lifetime.   I fear for the animal's lives as they are not going to be able to adapt as easily as a human.  A human can jump on a plane and move.  An animal can’t without the human's help but that usually means they are brought to a zoo.

By 2050, the Arctic might be ice-free.  Sure humans can adapt but the animals can’t.  I fear for the animals in the Arctic and all of Humanity.  As always comments accepted.


We are losing the Artic
Image: Guidetoiceland.com 







Source: TechnologyNetworks.com “ The Arctic Could See Summer Days With Practically No Ice as Early as Next Couple of Years.” Arctic Circle: March 6, 2024.

https://www.technologynetworks.com/applied-sciences/news/arctic-summers-could-be-ice-free-in-a-decade-384524  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CLIMATE CHANGE CAUSED HURRICANE HELENE

CLIMATE CHANGE CAUSED HURRICANE HELENE By: Derek Varsalona I am going to get some detractors and some supporters on this post when I talk ab...